I remember doing this kind of stuff as a kid so when I needed to make a water buffalo
head as a prop for a play, I was ready to try it again. I didn't think to photograph the
buffalo as I was doing it so for this project I made sure to document the process. I
needed to make a large prop trophy fish so I decided on a sailfish for pure dramatic
effect. It measures 5 feet from the tip to the tail and was constructed by layering
corrugated cardboard for the base.
This picture shows the layered corrugated, glued and taped together
to make the basic shape.
||I built up layers of old newspapers using a basic flour/water paste
Here is the completed fish. I painted it using standard spray paint
(rattle cans) so it doesn't have the detail of an airbrushed model but it was done
in about 2 hours so I am happy. When it is hung up on the wall, it is far enough away that
you can't really see it too close anyway so it will be just fine!